McArthur is proudly working with a government agency to source Claims Managers for their team based in the CBD.
This agency plays an important role in providing a service to a section of the community and this team which is newly created to management a portfolio of existing claims will provide extensive training including classroom blocks and mentoring.
The role will involve the management of a portfolio of claims under the rehab and return to work principals and legislation.
The role involves:
- Facilitate payment of compensation benefits and manage the rehabilitation of eligible clients.
- Undertake a provision of services management role in relation to the performance of external provider organisations in the provision of benefits to clients.
- Liaise with clients, claims teams, rehabilitation providers, training providers, treating doctors and employers regarding the management of compensation claims, retraining and/or return to work issues.
- Liaise with the above for provision of aids and appliances, modifications, alterations to home and or workplaces, suitable duties, and quality of life issues.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems, policies and procedures in respect of early intervention strategies, clients' return to durable employment, and improved quality of life.
The skills you will require will be:
- Experience in the rehabilitation environment or workers compensation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to articulate decisions in writing
- Ability to assess and make decisions quickly
- Demonstrated skills in consultation, education, support, aids and appliances &
The background that would work for this role:
- Tertiary qualifications of OT, Physiotherapy or Rehabilitation would be highly desirable
- Proven track record in a similar role
- Previous rehab or return to work claims experience
- Previous experience at WorkCover is highly desirable
- Only Australian Citizens need apply
This role, whilst it is temporary in nature will go potentially for 12 months and longer.
Please HIT APPLY now or call Maria on 3211 9700 if you require more information.