Since 1975 McArthur Medstaff has been providing temporary, permanent and contract solutions to the SA health sector.
McArthur Medstaff currently have vacancies for Casual Pathology Collectors including Enrolled Nurse & Registered Nurse with experience in Pathology Collection. Positions also available for holders of Certificate III or IV in Pathology.
Shifts are available throughout Adelaide Metro - Predominantly North and South Metro locations.
This position will suit self-motivated individual's wanting to work within in Collection Centres and or Hospital locations and community care. Great attention to detail, along with excellent communication skills and a strong focus on outstanding customer service are attributes that you must possess.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Collection of blood and other samples from patients
- Attending to the care, storage and processing of pathology specimens
- Ability to work alone and participate in weekend and rotating roster as well as out of hour's roster in any of our collection centres.
- Attend to paperwork and associated clerical duties to ensure all details are correct in a timely manner
To be considered for this role, you must possess:
- Certificate III or IV in Pathology Collection or relevant industry experience (No less than 3 months paid experience in Australia)
- If RN or EN - Registration with AHPRA
- National Police Clearance
- A valid Driver's License
- Good computer skills, exceptional customer service skills and telephone manner
- Exceptional time management skills
- Sound clinical knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively with the collections team referring Doctors, patients and other stakeholders
- Ability to understand and ensure compliance with WH&S policies and guidelines to maintain a safe & healthy workplace
- Those wishing to submit an application please include a CV and Cover