We have an excellent opportunity for a driven, energetic and dedicated Team Leader to join the Mallee Family Care Team. Mallee Family Care are dedicated to caring for families and empowering the vulnerable and disadvantaged people within the community.
Mallee Family Care have been caring for people since 1979, are a registered charity and Not for Profit Organisation.
Reporting to the Manager Family Services in New South Wales, the Team Leader will be responsible for the following:
With support and guidance from the General Manager Family Services Victoria and NSW and Manager of Family Services Victoria, this position is responsible for:
- Leading a team of Child and Family Workers and work in collaboration with all Family Services staff in providing the highest quality services to meet the needs of children in their families and Home Based Care.
- Delivering a range of Child and Family Services programs and initiatives within the NSW and FACS legislative, policy and practice context as outlined in key reforms such as the Permanency Support Program and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998.
- Encouraging children, families and carers to enhance their social networks and connectedness with their community and culture.
- Providing quality child centred, family focused services and liaise with staff at all levels whilst maintaining professionalism, integrity and confidentiality.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A person employed at this level will be expected to display a demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direction to other staff members within the program/service.
- The employee will be required to hold an accredited qualification relevant to the position at Degree Level or above in an appropriate area of discipline (eg Social Work, Community Services, Youth Work etc) and have a passion and commitment for supporting children and families across the child and family support/child protection continuum.
- A current drivers licence, a willingness to travel and preparedness to be accommodated overnight when required.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications addressing the following selection criteria:
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach and support to others.
- Understanding of relevant NSW legislation, National Child Safety and the Charter of Rights.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to write reports relating to family and children services and programs
- Knowledge of current Child Protection and other relevant legislation.
- Demonstrated understanding of the specific needs of children and young people in care and the issues facing Carers.
- Demonstrated understanding of working with and acceptance by culturally diverse groups, particularly Aboriginal people.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, engage with people from diverse backgrounds and work collaboratively.
Mallee Family Care are a team of professionals: loyal, committed and dedicated to quality outcomes for their families, clients, and themselves. In return, excellent staff benefits and incentives include:
- Opportunity to reside in one of Australia's most beautiful locations
- Great schools and amenities
- Relocation support
- Salary packaging benefits
Candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidates will be subject to National Police Check and professional reference checks.