We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join a well establish not for profit organisation in the bustling West End. You will join a seven strong finance team supporting the Finance Manager and Finance Officer in the smooth operation of the finance function. This is a very busy time to join the organisation in the run up to the end of financial year.
My client promotes an inclusive multicultural environment working at the very heart of the community.
Your role will involve but is not limited to:
- Provide general accounting support across all month end functions & reporting, P&L's, consolidation and reconciliation
- Work closely with the Finance Manager with budgets for all sections of the business (3 entities)
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Maintain all records in the system
- Investigation of financial transactions in the general ledger
- Prepare monthly cash flows
- Bank reconciliation
- Liaise with external auditors and suppliers
- Support the audit process
- Preparation of annual budgets and costings for tenders
- Preparation of annual reports and financial reports to funders
- Assist with end of financial year processes
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 2 years commercial experience as an Assistant Accountant/ Finance Officer
- Previous experience within the not for profit sector will be highly regarded, but not essential
- Experience working in a multi entity business is highly desirable
- Proficient in Excel
- Solid experience within budgeting
- Accurate data entry
- Tertiary accounting qualifications
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
Please note this role is available immediate.
Due to the high number of applicants we will only contact you if you are shortlisted for the role.