This high-profile Council is responsible for more than 30 suburbs within the council boundaries. The council provide services for more than 200,000 residents and 20,000 businesses, as well as the daily influx of workers and visitors into the City.
Reporting to the Manager Corporate Human Resources, you will support the divisions and business units in the effective management of human resources, providing advice in the implementation, management, evaluation and improvement of all workforce processes and plans within a specific group.
Some of your broader responsibilities will include:
- Provide problem resolution services in human resources management and obtain advice and assistance from other Workforce Services staff as necessary.
- Provide advice to the Manager Corporate Human Resources and Director Workforce & Information Services for decision-making in relation to HR matters.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of Workforce Services plans, policies and strategies that contribute to effective workforce management.
- Prepare and present monthly workforce reports as required and develop action plans with managers to address key issues arising from these reports.
- Contribute to project planning and the effective implementation of new Workforce Services initiatives with relevant client group.
- Work collaboratively with Finance staff to support effective management of salaries and wages budgets with relevant clients groups.
- Arrange or undertake the delivery of education programs and staff induction in accordance with the agreed programs.
- Together with the Manager, OHS support overarching strategies for workforce safety and wellbeing of all Council staff.
You will be degree or diploma qualified in HR management or equivalent with significant experience in a similar role. You will also possess a strong understanding of legislative and industrial frameworks and excellent negotiation abilities.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo a police check.
For more information please contact Tamar Aslanian on (02) 9277 7000.