McArthur is proudly partnering with a Federal Government agency in identifying an experienced Community Engagement Coordinator for their branch in Cairns.
The position aims to optimise a consumer's wellbeing and participation in their community through community engagement, collaborative recovery work and complex case management. It also incorporates the development and maintenance of community partnerships and the provision of direct evidence informed support to individuals and/or their families.
As the successful Community Engagement Coordinator, your responsibility will include but will not be limited to:-
- Using a community engagement framework, propose and facilitate innovation initiatives that contribute to evidence informed business improvement strategies for vulnerable or at-risk veterans, defence force members and their families.
- Work systemically with key internal and external stakeholders to influence a recovery approach to service delivery for vulnerable or at-risk veteran and defence force communities and families, in accordance with Open Arms policy and procedures. This includes the development of a shared knowledge base that helps inform appropriate practice and referral pathways for service access.
- Participation in program evaluation and research activities, contributing to project management activities that implement strategic direction and quality improvement recommendations, and provide feedback for ongoing development of clinical policies and procedures, particularly in relation to community engagement and development activities.
- Direct provision of evidence informed clinical services, including intake, complex case management, case coordination, and facilitation of group programs.
- Provide information, debriefing and support (including operational supervision) to the position of Community and Peer Advisor.
- Participation in and contribution to ongoing learning and development activities and the maintenance of professional status.
- Participation in other community development and service promotion activities as required.
- Participate in internal and external meetings as directed.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:-
- Qualifications must be that of a psychologist or accredited metal health social worker.
- Qualified psychologists must have current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA).
- Mental health accredited social workers must be registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance must be obtained prior to commencing in the position.
- Both psychologists and mental health social workers must have extensive clinical and relevant management experience.
- An Australian Citizen and able to undertake a Security Check
For a confidential discussion, please call 07 3211 9700.