The City of Ryde has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Environmental Health professional to lead and coordinate the operations and functions of the Environmental Health Officers Team within the newly formed Health & Building Department.
In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary professional team in the provision of environmental health officer services to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of environmental health services and maintain a high standard of environmental health. This team is actively involved in assessing environmental health impacts of major development applications and applications involving regulated premises. The team also monitors food premises, hair and beauty salons, skin penetration premises, public swimming pools, responding to complaints concerning public health risks, pollution incidents and noxious weeds.
Your role will also have a strong focus on working closely with the Department Manager in actively contributing to strategic business planning and strategic business improvement including field connectivity mobile solutions and providing input into the overall policy direction of the Health & Building Department.
• Degree level qualification or equivalent that is recognised by tertiary education and/ or professional authorities
• Extensive knowledge of environmental health and food related policies and principles
• Demonstrated experience in the management of environmental health compliance and associated reporting
• Demonstrated experience in the provision of environmental health compliance activities and programs
• Ability to lead, manage and develop a multidisciplinary team of professionals
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
To apply and download a comprehensive information pack including job description, visit mcarthur.com.au and enter reference number 139375 in the job search function. For a confidential discussion, please call Alan Claire on (02) 9277 7000 or email email@example.com
Applications close at 9am on 30 August 2019
139375 Posted On:13/08/2019