APS 6 - Policy Offier / Specialist Business Manager
Our government client is seeking the services of an APS 6 Policy Officer / Specialist Business Manager to manage work to advance the strategic objectives of the Hazardous Waste Section.
Your duties will include (but may not be limited to):
- Develop policy frameworks/policies/formats/procedures for hazardous waste activities, including templates for briefing related to administrative decision-making.
- Document Standard Operating Procedure setting out the hazardous waste permitting process.
- Assist with the development of amendments to hazardous waste legislation and associated policies to manage waste plastics and streamline compliance and enforcement actions.
- Manage consultancies to advance hazardous waste work priorities.
- Conduct hazardous waste permit assessments, as required.
- Prepare briefing for international meetings and manage Ministerial correspondence, as required.
- You must be an Australian Citizen to be eligible to apply for this role;
- A Baseline Security Clearance is required for the role;
- Previous experience in a similar role is desired.
For further information, please contact Michelle Stemm on: (02) 6229 9000 or apply online today.