A truly unique and exciting opportunity is on offer for a Continuous Improvement Specialist to join Safe Places for Children. Since 2006, Safe Places for Children have grown their operations from a small but passionate group of youth workers, to an organisation of local teams dedicated to supporting vulnerable young people across Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia, Victoria and Western Australia. Making a difference to more than 1,800 vulnerable young people.
About the Organization:
Safe Places is a housing and intensive support service for children in care aged between 10 and 17 who are unable to be placed in foster families or group residential, generally due to high level to extreme support needs. Referrals are received through the Department of Communities, Child Safety (Qld), Department of Child Protection (WA), Family and Child Services NSW (FACS). Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
Safe Places for Children's approach is based on small, stable and consistent teams that build trust with the young person allowing them to stabilise behaviours giving them a sense of hope and direction for their future. Describing themselves as an organization with a heart valuing people who respect and do the right thing by one another. Their practice framework has been developed over many years of practical experience and evidence based research from internationally regarded, contemporary, therapeutic models of care.
About The role:
Reporting to the Senior Quality and Systems Manager, this position sits within the quality and systems team and will be responsible for driving the Safe Places team to achieve excellence. This is done through ensuring services are delivered within the Vision and Values Statement, policies and procedures, legislative requirements, licensing and organisational requirements.
* Work closely with the Operations team to help deliver high quality and compliance in-line with DHHS Human Service Standards
* Liaise with Department of Health and Human Services as required
* Maintain an up to date knowledge of DHHS Human Service Standards
* Support and/or lead projects
* Ensure the development and documentation of policy, procedures and resources are in line with state legislation and internal processes.
* Provide clinical guidance and support of the positive behaviour support plans for the young people.
* Support staff development and learning through training and coaching
* Complete monthly internal placement audits in line with Department and organisational policies
* A relevant qualification in Human Services, Social Work, Quality Assurance or similar;
* Ability to genuinely embrace the Safe Places for Children values of professional, passionate, united, supportive and responsive
* High level confidence with learning computer-based systems and programs including Microsoft office, internet explorer skills and some excel skills
* High level interpersonal skills (approachable, diplomatic, sensitive, articulate)
* High level written skills
* Willingness to undergo Criminal History and other checks, Current open Drivers license
* Experience in a similar role in the child, youth and family's space
* Proven understanding of the Department of Health and Human Services in Child, Youth and Family Services procedures, reporting requirements and Victorian child protection legislations
* Proven ability to lead the service through the accreditation and monitoring of DHHS statutory requirements
* Have a solid understanding of Departmental reporting systems which includes Critical Information Management System (CIMS) and CRISSP
* Have knowledge and understanding of Child Safe Organisations and the role and responsibilities of the Commission for Children and Young People (CCYP)
Benefits on offer:
* As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits, in addition to your remuneration.
* 5 weeks annual leave
* Annual bonus
* Employee assistance program
* Laptop and phone allowance
If you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role, we invite you to apply and express your interest to the vacant position of Quality and Systems
Please submit your covering letter and Resume to Jeannie.Chrisostomou@mcarthur.com.au
140,252 Posted On:22/02/2020