The District Council of Robe is best known as one of South Australia’s most popular and beautiful beachside tourist locations. Now home to about 1500 people, Robe remains one of southern Australia's most popular holiday destinations, attracting visitors from across the country and overseas because of its unspoilt scenery, old-world charm, laidback lifestyle, and popular eateries serving fresh local produce and premium local wines.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Director Infrastructure to join this progressive and community-focused Council. The Director Infrastructure is accountable for the provision of high quality, efficient and effective whole of life assets (physical and natural) and project management services for the benefit of the Robe community and our visitors. The position also provides leadership and direction for the Development and Planning and Harbour Master/General Inspectorate teams.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development, review and delivery of Council’s plans including Community, Assets and Annual
- Management of the department’s capital works and operational budgets
- Operational management and planning to ensure the most effective and efficient use of Council assets including Property, resources, plant and equipment
- Provision of management reports to the CEO and key stakeholders
- Participate in relevant committees as directed by the CEO to support the delivery of Annual Business and Community Plans
- Work strategically to foster new ideas and develop innovative business solutions
- Strategic communications and stakeholder engagement
- Organisational and cultural development
- Records management in accordance to legislation and Council policies
- Relevant degree in Business Management or Finance
- Proven experience of Strategic Leadership, Management Development and Continuous Improvement within a Local Government environment
- Proven experience of Financial Management including the preparation of budgets and forecasts across capital works projects
- Proven experience of business planning with the ability to translate into action plans and measurable outcomes
The successful candidate will be a community-focused leader of people and have proven experience in a similar role managing a complex program of works.
To download a Candidate Information pack and to apply, please visit mcarthur.com.au and reference job number 140854. Applications close Monday 6th April at 9am.
Confidential enquiries may be directed to Paul Coyle on 08 8100 7000.
140854 Posted On:30/03/2020