The District Council of Robe is best known as one of South Australia’s most popular and beautiful beachside tourist locations. Now home to about 1500 people, Robe remains one of southern Australia's most popular holiday destinations, attracting visitors from across the country and overseas because of its unspoilt scenery, old-world charm, laidback lifestyle, and popular eateries serving fresh local produce and premium local wines.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Manager Corporate Services & Finance to join this progressive and community-focused Council. The position provides strategic and operational oversight of a broad portfolio of business, administrative and financial services. Your customer centric focus, ability to positively engage employees and working effectively across the organisation will be key strengths in contributing to the Council’s success.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development, review and delivery of Council’s vision, plans, policies and objectives
- Accountability for Council’s capital and operational budgets
- Operations management and planning through effective service delivery
- Provision of management reports to the CEO and relevant committees
- Strategic communications and stakeholder engagement
- Organisational and cultural development
- Records management in accordance to legislation and Council policies
- Relevant degree in Business Management or Finance
- Proven experience of Leadership, Management Development and Continuous Improvement
- Proven experience of Financial Management including the preparation of financial reports, budgets and forecasts
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
The successful candidate will be community focused and have proven experience in a similar role, ideally within Local Government.
To download a Candidate Information pack and to apply, please visit mcarthur.com.au and reference job number 140852. Applications close Monday 6th April at 9am.
Confidential enquiries may be directed to Paul Coyle on 08 8100 7000.
140852 Posted On:30/03/2020