McArthur is proudly partnering with Open Arms that is currently seeking exerpienced Psychologists Social Workers or Mental Health Nurses with AHPRA or AASW to fill their requirement for Intake Clinicians.
The role will be Brisbane CBD based and will be for a 12 month plus duration. They run a 24/7 roster, so flexibility is a must!
About the Role:
The Intake Clinician provides intake assessment and triage services, clinical support and service on behalf of regional offices. Duties will include:-
- Triaging and coordinating intakes and referral of clients to the regions for allocation to services. This will include referrals of individuals, couples, families and complex and potentially high-risk cases.
- Ensuring effective and efficient intake for clients requesting counselling, group and/or case management services.
- Ensuring escalated cases are identified and promptly triaged.
- Ensuring risk assessment and safety planning is completed during intake calls and appropriate follow up action taken.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders in relation to follow-up actions in coordinating care for cases identified at intake as required.
- Ensuring that cases identified as complex or high-risk are referred to the Assistant Directors for follow-up and referral where relevant.
- Appropriate record-keeping and documentation regarding management of intakes identified risk cases.
- Provision of high level clinical guidance and advice.Provide brief telephone intervention to clients in distress who may require immediate clinical support.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will have the following:
- Extensive experience in Mental Health Assessment and specific experience working with clients affected by PTSD and Alcohol and Drug issues.
- Current registration with AHPRA or AASW
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance must be obtained prior to commencing in the position.
- An Australian Citizen and able to undertake a Security Check
- The flexibility to work shifts 24/7 including weekends (with paid shift loading).
For further information, please call Maria on 07 3211 9700.
If you are interested and fulfil the requirements, please apply following the links on this page.