McArthur is in partnership with Open Arms in identifying an experienced Counsellor - Case Coordinator for their branch in Townsville.
As the successful Clinician, your responsibility will include but will not be limited to:-
- Provision of high quality clinical services including initial intake, assessment and referral, evidence based individual, couple and family counselling, and case management in order to achieve outcomes identified in care planning processes.
- Contribution to the development and delivery of group programs as required.
- Maintaining clinical records according to standards, collating and analysing data from client records, and preparing reports as required to assist in evaluating and improving service delivery.
- Facilitating the delivery of counselling and other programs to veterans, personnel and their families in rural and outer metropolitan areas by;
- Liaising and forming partnerships with government departments, ex-service organisations, community health and welfare agencies, and all other organisations involved in meeting the identified needs of veteran and defence force communities and families.
- Participation in and contribution to ongoing learning and development activities and maintenance of professional status.
- Participation in community development and service promotion activities as required.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:-
- Qualifications must be that of a psychologist or accredited metal health social worker.
- Qualified psychologists must have current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA).
- Mental health accredited social workers must be registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Working with Children (WWC) and/or Vulnerable People Checks/Clearance must be obtained prior to commencing in the position.
- Both psychologists and mental health social workers must have extensive clinical and relevant management experience.
- Must be an Australian Citizen and able to pass a Security Check.
For a confidential discussion, please call 07 3211 9700.