- McArthur Home
- News & views
- COVID-19 Update
Australia and the world is in uncharted territory with the advent of COVID-19. We are all experiencing unique, unexpected, new challenges which emerge daily and hourly as more decisions are taken by governments and companies around the world. As we continue through these unprecedented times, our top priority remains the health, safety and well-being of our people, our clients and our community.
Working together in challenging times
McArthur continues to closely monitor the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We are regularly monitoring all communications from the Australian Government and the World Health Organisation websites on the situation to make informed decisions. We have implemented protective measured that are aligned with Australian government guidelines and taken additional steps to minimise any potential impact, including:
- Business Continuity: McArthur has developed proactive staffing models which brings together cross-functional personnel across the business to continually monitor, review and manage our response to the evolving situation. We have in place a variety of robust contingency plans that aim to ensure the safety of our people and visitors and the continued provision of key client services and operations.
- Travel: McArthur has issued an Interim Travel and Events Policy suspending all business-related travel. McArthur staff engaging in personal travel must comply with government directives regarding self-isolation for 14 days upon return. As at 18 March 2020, the advice from the Australian government is ”do not travel”.
- Events: All corporate and client events have been cancelled until notified otherwise.
- Visitors, Interviews and Meetings: McArthur is implementing a screening process for all personnel visiting our offices. Video interview and online meeting tools are encouraged wherever possible.
- Health Measures: McArthur has implemented a number of health measures and is providing health related guidance and information within our offices. We are also actively instructing any staff who feel unwell to follow relevant government guidelines in terms of seeking medical care.
- Working Remotely: McArthur has implemented remote working measures for our internal staff.
We're here for you!
We believe it’s important to stay connected with our people, our clients and our community and are dedicated to meeting your recruitment needs with minimal interruption in service.
Our team across Australia will continue to recruit and be able to provide staffing and HR consulting solutions with the appropriate health screening in place. We’ll continue to assess our plans based on guidance from government and health authorities.